Morning and midnight swirls of color mingle with smooth, robust grain patterns to distinguish hickory old growth flooring – a wood of unparalleled strength and hardness. Each carefully crafted plank possesses unique features and colors that can only be found in slow-growth timbers. This hickory wide plank flooring features wide variations in color, from nearly white to dark brown, and a delicate balance of sound knots and natural checking. It is the strongest commercial wood available. With its strikingly modern look and casual, comfortable appeal, hickory hardwood flooring will help you create an airy, contemporary space that’s perfect for kids and pets. CountryPlank.com offers Hickory flooring in two grades and styles. We can also apply custom surface treatments to your Hickory floor including a variety of distressed looks or hand scraping on the edges and ends. Please click on the Prices tab(s) above for the widths & lengths available in each grade listed below and their respective per square foot prices – and, call or email for freight costs.
Available in solid planks or engineered planks by special order, unfinished square edge or factory pre-finished with a micro-beveled edge. This plain sawn grade of Hickory flooring has all the naturally occurring wood characteristics such as knots and distinct color and grain variations and makes a dramatic addition to any decorating look.
Available in solid planks or engineered planks by special order, unfinished square edge or factory pre-finished with a micro-beveled edge. This plain sawn grade of Hickory flooring, with all the naturally occurring wood characteristics such as knots, checking and distinct color and grain variations; adds skip sawn circle sawmill markings for a distinctive rustic charm.
Old Growth Hickory Flooring Specifications
- Thickness: 3/4″ Solid, 5/8” Engineered, 4mm Wear Layer (nominal 3/16”)
- Widths Available: 3”-12″ Solid, 3”-10” Engineered
- Lengths Ranges Available: 2’-12’ Solid, 2’-10’ Engineered
- Milled Profile: Tongue & groove edges and end-matched, back relieved
- Pre-finishing Available: Clear, Satin sheen, 7 coats UV cured polyurethane w/ aluminum oxide
- Hardness (Janka Scale): 1820 (41% harder than Red Oak)
- Shipping Weight: 3.50 lbs per square foot, Solid 2.95 lbs per square foot, Engineered