Northern Ash Flooring
Probably most famous as the wood used for Louisville Slugger baseball bats, Ash is a wonderfully hard and durable choice for flooring. It is second only to Maple in lightness of color and like Maple, is available with or without the darker striations. Although, the grain of Ash is more prominent than Maple –similar to Oak and nearly identical to American Chestnut. Its light background and tan growth rings and striations tend more towards gray than pink, making it an excellent accompaniment to a beach look. To maintain the lightest color, a water-based finish is the best option. Please click on the Prices tab above for the widths & lengths available in each grade listed below and their respective per square foot prices – and, call or email for freight costs.
Available in solid planks or engineered planks by special order, unfinished square edge or factory pre-finished with a micro-beveled edge. This plain sawn grade of Ash flooring is virtually free of knots, and provides a light overall look with distinct grain patterns.
Available in solid planks or engineered planks by special order, unfinished square edge or factory pre-finished with a micro-beveled edge. This plain sawn grade of Ash flooring has all the naturally occurring wood characteristics such as knots and distinct color and grain variations and makes a dramatic addition to any decorating look.
Northern Ash Specifications
- Thickness: 3/4″ Solid
- Widths Available: 2 1/4″ – 7″ Solid
- Lengths Ranges Available: 1′ – 7′ Solid
- Milled Profile: Tongue & groove edges and end-matched, back relieved
- Pre-finishing Available: Clear, Satin sheen, 7 coats UV cured polyurethane w/aluminum oxide
- Hardness (Janka Scale): 1320 (2% harder than Red Oak)
- Shipping Weight: 3.00 lbs per square foot, Solid, 5/8” Engineered, 4mm Wear Layer (nominal 3/16”), 2 ¼” – 7” Engineered, 1’ – 7’ Engineered, 2.50 lbs per square foot, Engineered